As always, thank you very much for using Shonen RIC.
These revisions will be effective from March 1, 2023.
Date of revision: Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Summary of Changes
- - Various grammatical corrections
- - Various additions and updates to several conditions
- - Reordering of various paragraphs due to additions
- - Reordering of various articles due to additions
For a list of specific changes, please see below:
Section 1 General Rules
Article 3 Using these Services
1. You will use the Service while adhering to these Terms as well as rules established separately by us. However, if there are separate terms and conditions that differ from these terms, those terms shall take precedence over these Terms.
2. Even if there has been such a change as described in Paragraph 1, any purchase agreement based on our Services made prior to the change shall not be affected.
3. We may make changes to the content of these Services or halt these Services without your prior consent.
Section 2 Membership
Article 4 Members
1. "Members" refer to those who have applied to become a member through the method established by us after agreeing to these Terms.
2. Membership applications will be considered approved once a Registration Confirmation E-mail has been sent by us.
3. Only the member himself/herself qualifies for membership to the Service. We reserve the right to deny an application for membership if any of the following conditions are applicable. Moreover, we may ask to verify details of an application or its details with official identification (driver's license, insurance card, passport, personal identification number card, etc.).
(1) If you wish to apply but it has been determined that you have had your membership revoked in the past due to violating these Terms.
(2) If you have included false or inaccurate information on your membership application, items missing on their membership application.
(3) If you choose not accommodate a request for a form of official identification.
(4) If we determine that you are using or attempting to use the Service for commercial or resale purposes.
(5) If we determine you have any affiliation or interaction with anti-social forces, etc. (criminal organizations, criminal organization members, companies affiliated with criminal organizations, extortionists, groups engaging in criminal activities under the pretext of conducting social campaigns or political activities, crime groups specialized in intellectual crimes or individuals closely associated with such groups).
(6) Any application where we deem that its approval would not be appropriate.
4. We may revoke approval for any application even after it has been approved if it has been determined that it falls under one of the conditions listed above.
Section 3 Responsibilities and Obligations of Members and Users
Article 6 ID and Password Management
1. Members are solely responsible for the usage and management of their login ID and password.
2. Members acknowledge that any behaviors or actions taken after using their own personal ID and password will be interpreted as conduct or actions taken by the member themselves.
3. Members will not transfer, lend or disclose their ID and password to a third party.
4. Members will take full responsibility for any damages which occur due to improper management or mistakes when using their login ID and password as well as when used by a third party.
5. Members will promptly contact us if it has been determined that a third party is fraudulently using a member's login ID and password.
6. We will not be responsible for any losses or damages sustained by a member due to a third party using a member's login ID or password, regardless of whether it was the fault of the member or not.
7. Members accept personal responsibility and recognize the risks that accompany using payment methods such as the transmission of credit card numbers when using these Services.
Article 7 Prohibited Items
You will not do any of the following:
(1) Enter or submit any false information while using these Services.
(2) Any actions which carry the risk of disrupting the operation of these Services or other actions which could hinder these Services.
(3) Fraudulent use of credit cards, etc. when using these Services.
(4) Fraudulent use of login IDs and passwords.
(5) Unreasonable demands beyond legal responsibility.
(6) Any actions which cause trouble, losses or damages to other users, third parties or us as well as actions which carry such risks.
(7) Any actions which may infringe on intellectual property such as copyrights, privacy, individual rights and other rights of other users, third parties or us, or any action which carry such risks.
(8) Any action which violates public order and morals.
(9) Any criminal activities or actions which are connected with crime.
(10) Any actions which violate laws and ordinances, or those which carry such risk.
(11) Any other actions which are deemed as inappropriate by us.
Article 8 Suspension of Use of these Service, Revocation of Membership
1. We may suspend the use of these Services or revoke your membership without prior notice if any of the following applies.
(1) If any of the items listed in Article 4 (Members) Paragraph 3 apply.
(2) It has been determined that you have had your membership revoked in the past due to a violation of these Terms.
(3) You have had a history of delayed payments for fees related to these Services, or other types of breaches.
(4) You have committed any of the actions listed under Article 7 Prohibited Items.
(5) If you violate any of these Terms or other rules established separately.
2. If a member's membership has been cancelled in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the member will no longer be able to use these Services.
Section 4 Purchasing Products
Article 10 Purchasing Products
1.You may use these Services to purchases products or services (henceforth known as "Products") from us.
2. You will request to purchase Products or use a service via a method indicated by us when wanting to purchase Products. You will enter true and accurate information when submitting your request.
3. If we approve the above request, an e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address you have provided which confirms content of the request, which you will then confirm.
4. Regardless of the above, we may revoke or cancel the sale, halt the transaction or take appropriate measures if there has been any wrongdoing or improper use of these Services, or if we have been notified by the credit card company for the credit card designated by you of issues such as exceeding a credit limit.
5. In the event of fraudulent or inappropriate conduct by you in connection with the use of these Services, or in the event that you fail to receive a product delivered by us for any reason, we reserve the right to terminate the sales or take other appropriate measures (including cases where you have already paid for the product). In such cases, we will not be liable for any costs incurred by us. Any costs incurred by us (including but not limited to delivery charges or handling fees for the product) shall by burdened by you.
6. We may try to contact you if the amount for your transactions over a certain period of time is high. If we are unable to contact you, we reserve the right to cancel the order, terminate the sale or take other appropriate measures.
7. We will not accept any withdrawal of a purchase order at your convenience, except as stipulated on individual order pages, User's Guide, or on any other screen of these Services.
8. We will not be liable for purchase orders that were not received due to Internet issues or other causes for which we are not responsible.
Article 11 Payment Methods
1. The cost for Products will be a total cost which includes price of the product, shipping costs, transaction costs as well as any consumption tax which may apply.
2. Purchases on these Services for Products, etc. shall be made using a credit card (limited to those accepted by us) that is in your name or other payment methods accepted by us.
3. When paying with credit card, you will follow the terms and conditions established in a separate agreement made between you and the credit card company. Additionally, we will not be responsible whatsoever if there is a dispute between you and your credit card company, and the dispute shall be resolved by only the parties concerned.
4. When paying with credit card, we will make an inquiry to the credit card company in order to confirm that the credit card used at the time of purchase can be used. Moreover, we may make additional inquiries to your credit card company to confirm that it is valid for use if a certain amount of time is required from the purchase order application until when the product is shipped. We may be unable to accept your order if your credit card company informs us that the credit card cannot be used.
Article 13 Product Shipping
1. Products will be delivered by a delivery company designated by us. Moreover, you will be responsible for any delivery charges indicated on the product order screen.
2. The original delivery date may be changed or delayed for some products due to items being out-of-stock or other reasons or we may not be able to fulfill your order. In such cases, we will not be liable for any compensation.
3. If you do not accept a product that we have delivered (including cases where you have refused to receive the item or being absent for an extended period of time), you may be asked to pay for any costs (such as re-delivery costs) that we have incurred as a result.
4. We reserve the right to dispose of a product not received by you after storing it for a certain period of time.
Article 14 Returning and Exchanging Products
1. Products with defects or errors and we are to blame, we will accept the return or exchange of Products.
2. Please contact us within 10 days after your Products have arrived if you wish to make a return or exchange.
3. Returns and exchanges will be made via means decided separately by us.
4. You will handle shipping costs and repayment transaction costs for any Products you simply wish to return or exchange.
Article 15 Products Disclaimers
1. We do not guarantee the quality, performance and compatibility with other products for Products which are not covered under the product warranty included with Products bought or sold on these Services except for cases in which the content written for a product on the website and the actual content of the product greatly differ or we have committed malicious intent or gross negligence.
2. We regarding issues due to not knowing the delivery address will be exempt by contacting using the contact information registered by Members as well as delivering the Product to the mailing address provided when purchasing the product.
3. We may cancel orders you have sent us for products if we have run out of stock or are unable to obtain the item due to reasons such as a change in the status of the inventory. However, if multiple products have been ordered and a portion of those cannot be arranged, only these products will have their orders cancelled.
4. We vow to maintain to the best of our ability the accuracy of descriptions and writings for products on these Services. However, we do not guarantee their accuracy, completeness or that it is the most up-to-date information. If there are any writings which differ from the current status, we will prioritize the current status.
5. We shall not be liable for any damages, loss, or disadvantage arising from using these Services regardless of the legal claim. Additionally, we are not liable for any damages, loss or disadvantage caused by products purchased through these Services.
Section 5 Operation of these Service
Article 17 Maintenance of these Service
We may suspend all or part of these Services without prior notice for any of the reasons below. We are not be responsible for any applicable damages even in the event a member is unable to use all or part of these Services and incurs damages as a result of the suspension.
(1) If there is regular or emergency system maintenance.
(2) If the system experience issues with its operation due to fires, power outages, natural disasters or interference from a third party.
(3) If we have deemed it necessary to stop this Service.
Article 18 Membership Cancellation
Members may cancel their membership at any time using one of the ways determined separately by us. Moreover, if there are any unshipped items, a member's obligations under these Terms shall continue until the items have been shipped and payment has been made. In the event that a member forgets his/her membership ID, password and cannot cancel their membership, the member will reset their password using a method prescribed by us.
Article 19 Personal Information
1. We will strictly handle all information contained in membership information that can be used to identify individuals (hereinafter referred to as "Personal Information"), and will only collect and use Personal Information only for the purposes of smoothly carrying out operations, making inquiries necessary to conduct business, confirmations, gathering feedback in order to improve services and marketing for our Service (work necessary for delivering ordered Products and prizes, customer management, responding to various inquiries) as well as other services we may provide to customers (sending newsletters and other information that may be useful or necessary for members, advertising products, etc., future campaigns that are run on the site for these Services, verifying the identity of those participating in surveys, etc.).
3. We will not provide or disclose any Personal Information to a third party except in the following cases. If we do provide Personal Information, we will not provide more Personal Information than is necessary.
(1) For advertising things such as Products or campaigns, sending out surveys, etc. to members. In such cases, we may provide Personal Information which we have collected from members to a third party that will carry out the advertising. As a result, advertisements related to products and campaigns may be displayed when a member uses the service belonging to the third party.
(*Please check here for the names of foreign countries where the operating company and affiliated companies are located outside of Japan.)
(2) For marketing (analysis, as well as the distribution of advertisement emails from our official accounts, sending messages on social media platforms, sending messages via applications).
(3) If we have received prior consent from a member.
(4) When legally permitted to do so or when there is a legitimate request for disclosure.
(5) When a prior agreement has been made with our subcontractors that they will not use Personal Information for reasons other than to carry out the subcontracted work.
(6) When a payment service provider is verifying identities, billing addresses and conducting credit checks.
(7) When correspondence incidental to the sale of products, etc., is conducted jointly with a product manufacturer, companies belonging to our group, etc..
(8) When a member connects to our Service using a social media account or other account belonging to an external site.
4. We may provide or disclose member information in the form of non-personally identifiable statistical data for the purpose of sales promotion, etc..
(1) To make these Services more convenient to use when you revisit these Services.
(2) To measure and analyze the usage of these Services.
6. When you visit content that issues cookies, a cookie will be stored on your device. However, the information that is stored will not include any personally identifiable information.
8. With regards to the campaigns and surveys described in Article 19 Paragraph 1, you may choose to not enter your information. However, by doing so, you might no longer be able to use a portion of these Services.
9. Any situation relating to Personal Information not specified in this Article shall be subject to this Policy.
Article 20 Scope of Damages
1. Notwithstanding the provisions of these Terms, if the Consumer Contract Act applies to your use of these Services, and if we are responsible for any damaged caused to you, we shall compensate you in accordance with the following categorizations.
(1) In the event that the damages that you have incurred was caused due to our willful misconduct or gross negligence, liability is based on civil codes, etc..
(2) In the event that the damages that you have incurred was not caused due to our willful misconduct or gross negligence, our liability will be limited to the direct and actual damages incurred by you (we will not be liable for incidental damages, indirect damages, special damages and damages related to lost profits).
2. We shall not be liable for damages incurred by a member due to reasons that could be attributed to a violation of these Terms by the member (including acts or omissions by us based on such reasons).
3. If you cause damage to us due to a violation of these terms or in connection with use of Products or these Services, you shall compensate us for all damages (including fees for attorneys, other professionals and our labor costs).
If we receive any claim from another user or other third party indicating an infringement of rights or any other reason in connection with the use of the Products or Service by a user, said user agrees to pay us the amount we are obligated to pay to said third party or user based on said claim, as well as the amount we have to bear for the resolution of the dispute related to said claim (including the amount equivalent to attorneys' or other service fees and our labor costs).
Article 23 Severability
Even in the event that any provision of these Terms or part thereof is deemed invalid under the Consumer Contract Act or other laws and regulations, the remaining provisions of these Terms and portions of any provision held invalid in part shall continue to be in full effect.
Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to continue serving you in the future!
The Shonen RIC Team"